Saturday, August 30, 2008

I have just received the most wonderful congratulations and review from a reader and I wish to share it with you. When I receive this type of letter or e-mail I feel that I have accomplished what I set out to do when I decided to write my story.

Hello Gabriela,

I recently finished your incredible book and wanted to let you know what I thought of it. To be honest, I first tried to read it while having three other books on the go, and was unable to give it the attention it deserved. I took a bit of a break from reading, and picked up your book again. I devoured it. I couldn't put it down. The detail, maps, and way in which you tell your story made it easy to follow, and unimaginable to a woman who grew up in rural Alberta. I would have never believed the tiny woman, with a graceful and peaceful presence, who walked into my workplace had been through such an unbelievable experience. Gabriela, you are inspirational as a woman and a person. You are a walking example of what the human spirit can endure, but more importantly, can overcome. Angels helped you along your path, and you have done them proud. May your story be read by many young women, who perhaps may, or may not, be living a similar existance to your youth. May your life be an inspiration to them all. Congratulations on a job well done.

Terra from Dr. Magathan's office.

No comments: