Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Almost One Year


Well, it has been almost one year since the publication of my book, and an eventful year it has been. Last Summer I had my book launch and open house with over eighty people attending over two days. The photograph above was taken during my book launch. I am with my daughter Elva. Sales of the book have been great, especially in the Edmonton area, and David, my husband, editor, and publicist, and I are now actively seeking routes to expand in the internet sales area to the world at large.

I must say that the most gratifying aspect of my project has been the feedback I have received from readers who have told me to the great extent my book has had an impact on them. And this always has been my goal: in a small way to change peoples' lives in a most positive way.

This is my first entry in this blog and I hope you blog readers will make comments, either on what I have written, or just your own thoughts about anything. This blog is an excellent area to write a review. I will copy your review with your permission and submit it to the appropriate websites. If you wish to remain private, i.e. no name and town, you can e-mail me your review or comments to gabrielita@shaw.ca. Most sites will not accept anonymous reviews.

I will be posting updates about what is happening with the book, news items, old and new projects, and some personal tidbits. If you wish to receive an e-mail advising you of new entries, write to me at gabrielita@shaw.ca. Also, make sure you visit my website, www.gabshea.com if you have not already done so.

No comments: